Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Loving Summer

It's the first full week of my "official" summer vacation from my part time job playing the piano for Forest Park High School choir, but I can't tell you what a HUGE difference it makes in my attitude, and my perception of time. Days seem so much longer, and I seem to get so much more accomplished. Hope is renewed that I can read more, relax more, learn more, and do more.

I'm still teaching piano lessons in the evening - two or three a day, and so far this week I've also had time to work on family history (a new habit/addiction), read a book, go to the temple, make bread, granola, and lasagna, compose, clean my closet, and put a big dent in my "in" basket (stuff that needs attention eventually).

I have always had huge expectations of what summer will be like, and sometimes I get a bit disappointed when projects, field trips, or road trips don't always pan out, but I've learned I need to just take things as they come and enjoy what happens, even if it's not exactly as I had envisioned.

Yes, I do have a list VERY similar to one Beth posted recently , but I think I'll just let my list evolve, and maybe post at the end of the summer so we can see how I actually did at getting a couple of the things done. I love all of my family, and I hope you'll keep on keeping me posted on your fun and accomplishments. You inspire me!

Now here's to summer 2010 - bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment