Here it is! Just what the world has been waiting for - a step by step tutorial for "Hot Chocolate in a Pot"-the oh-so-good Baird family treat always right for a crisp fall day or the cold winter season:
1. Get out your pot (ha ha - just had to say that).
2. Put in a generous 1/2 cup of cocoa.
3. Add 1/2 cup of sugar
4. I then add a 1/2 cup of Splenda. If you don't care to cut the calories, just add 1 cup of sugar instead of the 1/2 cup.
4. Whisk dry ingredients together.
5. Add 1/3 cup hot water, and whisk until it's a smooth paste. You can turn the heat on at this point, but don't burn this mixture.
6. Add 6 cups HOT water and stir.
7. Now add 2 cups of Nestle NIDO powdered milk. Stir and heat.
8. Enjoy the best cup of hot chocolate ever!
(Yesterday, we topped them with homemade marshmallows. I forgot to take a picture of that!)