Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Everything Creative

I'm a little bit addicted to the Mormon Channel program, Everything Creative.   I've gotten into the habit of listening to it in the morning (via i phone) while I'm getting ready in the morning, and driving to and from work.   In the earlier episodes, they interview one person, then each new person interviews the next one.   In the later episodes they're all hosted by Nancy Hansen, who I think is a singer/song writer.

I just love hearing other people's stories of how they start doing what they do, and how they are creatively inspired as they pursue their craft.

Some of my favorites have been:

Singer/songwriter Meaghan Smith

Composer, conductor, producer Rob Gardner  (future son-in-law???)

Children's book author/illustrators Mark and Caralyn Buehner

Cake decorater/baker Laurlee Morrison of Cakes de Fleur

The Five Browns

Artist Cassandra Barney  (her father is James Christensen)

There are LOTS more.  I haven't heard them all yet.  Each one inspires me to trust in my creative spirit, and keep trying to make more out of what I've been given.  

Listen to a few episodes, and tell me which ones you liked hearing.








No comments:

Post a Comment