Sunday, May 17, 2009

Gifts for Mom and Dad

I finally finished my Dad's Christmas present - a customized deck of cards to play "Five Crowns" with. I made them with Heritage Makers, an online digital scrapbooking company. I can help you if you want to make your own personalized cards, books, posters, calendars, and more.

I went over to Mom and Dad's last night to present them with gifts - the cards for Dad and a framed picture for Mom (late Mother's Day gift). I stayed to play Five Crowns with them. It was fun, but it took a little longer than normal to play because

1. We often paused to look at the pictures a little more closely.
2. I inadvertently made the symbols in the top corner on the wrong side for someone who's used to holding cards right handed, so it was a little awkward arranging the cards in our hands.

This is the link to see Mom's present:

http://www.heritagemakers.com/?event=projectBrowse&projectId=49c7f1a0-6bc6-4679-8bb7-8165641318eb&productId=64&projectSponsor=273645

Here are the links to view the "Condie Crowns" game. There are two decks of cards with different pictures on each one.

http://www.heritagemakers.com/?event=projectBrowse&projectId=9894d210-3048-61d5-e2df-39ddfad63752&productId=63&projectSponsor=273645

http://www.heritagemakers.com/?event=projectBrowse&projectId=ac5df613-8629-4373-ac84-73efa6c04ce0&productId=63&projectSponsor=273645

1 comment:

  1. the pictures on those cards were so great! I especially love the one with grandpa with the hat and beard looking so cool as a joker card! And there was one picture of you when you were maybe a teenager that looked a lot like me!

    ReplyDelete