Sunday, March 15, 2009

My First Post

Inspired by the many bloggers out there that I follow, especially my daughter Laura, I've decided it's time to try this myself now. I've been reluctant to do this for a couple of reasons. Number one, time seems to be pretty full already, and two, I'm not sure my life is interesting enough to blog about; but in a way, those are reasons I want to do this. I think this may help me in organizing my time better and inspire me to do things worth blogging/journaling about. It will be a way to keep our family informed as we grow and spread out across the country. I don't intend to make this blog all about me, but will feature news, events, and day to day happenings of all of us. So......who are we? To answer that question, I've decided to start by copying some other blogs I've seen that list the 25 random facts about.......So....here goes....

25 RANDOM (and not so random) FACTS ABOUT THE BAIRD FAMILY

1. Skip and I celebrate our 28th anniversary this Saturday, the 21st.

2. Our family character list: Skip- the Dad, Emily - the Mom, Laura Barnett- the oldest daughter, Karsten Barnett - Laura's handsome husband, Aiden - their adorable almost 3 year old son, Emma their cute 15 month old daughter, Beth - the 2nd daughter, Michael Braecklein - her husband to be on April 10, Ryan - the son, Dara - Ryan's beautiful wife, Kara - the 3rd daughter, Natalie - the youngest of the family at 16, Cody - the dog

3. After Emily's birthday, everyone's age will be an odd number

4. All of us except Skip play one or two musical instruments.

5. The only foreign country ALL of us have visited is Canada.

6. We have a pull-up bar in our kitchen doorway, and someone uses it almost every day.

7. Keeping track of nights spent in the hospital:
Natalie - 45
All the rest of us combined - about 30

8. We drink 2 gallons of skim milk a week.

9. We prefer hot chocolate made in a pot.

10. We have never owned a cat.

11. We love finding things in Grandma Baird's closet.

12. All of our children balanced on Skip's hand when they were babies.

13. Our family motto is: "Stand Up and Be Counted"

14. Everyone in our family loves sushi except Skip who thinks it's a waste of money.

15. There are 6 walking sticks in our hall closet.

16. Number of books read last year
Emily - about 20
Everyone else combined - 3

17. Our favorite breakfast is crepes.

18. One of our favorite family traditions features the saying of "Boom-shak-a-lak-a-lak-a".

19. Since we've been married, we've lived in Virginia, Georgia, Maryland, Indiana, Texas, Belgium, and Virginia again.

20. We LOVE visiting Washington, D.C. Some of us love exploring the museums, and some love exploring the shops in Georgetown more.

21. We've been to Yellowstone Park twice, and both times someone has almost died.

22. Family Night is usually always on Monday.

23. Two of our favorite movies are "Little Women" and "The Princess Bride"

24. One of our favorite family quotes: "I didn't see myself do it."

25. We love "Witch Filiboo" stories and playing hide-and-go-seek in the dark.



1 comment:

  1. Great first post mom!! I love the blog. I can't wait to read more! :) Post often.

    ReplyDelete